Networker

[Networker] Sybase Recovery shows Error:No Backup found , recovering fro

2012-03-02 02:40:23
Subject: [Networker] Sybase Recovery shows Error:No Backup found , recovering fro
From: sritharan <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 23:36:40 -0800
Hi,

This is my scenario

Primary Site

Networker Server - hq008is
Sybase Server - hq001mc

DR Site
Networker Server - dr002ca
Sybase Server - dr001mc

What we need to do is to recover the backup save set from DR Site to the
Primary Site.
We already brought the tape in did a scan on the tape and can see the Volumes
but the server associated was dr001mc and dr002ca.

So what we did is we deleted hq001mc and created it back with the client id of
dr001mc.
Now after scanning the tape again, it shows backup BROWSEABLE and belongs to
hq001mc but the index and bootstrap still attached to dr002ca.

Please refer to the attachment on the VOLUMES print screen.

Below are the command and error message that we get :

sybase@hq001mc% /usr/sbin/nsrsybrc -v -s 10.xx.x.x -t "10/01/09 23:59"
-Uxxxxxxxx -Pxxxxxxx -dSYBASE:/BMS_SERVER/bms_hist3 SYBASE:/BMS_SERVER/bms_month
Recovering database "bms_month" to "bms_hist3".
24240:nsrsybrc: Error: no backup was found for database "bms_month".
75753:nsrsybrc: The recovery failed.

Thanks In Advance
Sri
 (http://postimage.org/image/ethetf1lv/)