Networker

[Networker] How to route save job to a storage node

2010-11-29 14:59:21
Subject: [Networker] How to route save job to a storage node
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:56:58 -0500
I am confused about something. I have a save job that I need to write to a
tape drive on a storage node, and not to the tape drive on the Networker
server. I know how to do that for clones - by listing the storage node
under "Clone Storage Nodes" in the "Globals 2" tab of the appropriate
client definition. But how do I specify a non-clone client to save to the
tape drive on a storage node, instead of the Networker server? The tape
drive is in the appropriate pool, and is mounted. The storage node is not
a dedicated storage node (that I can see - the drives on the node do not
say dedicated). But I don't see where in the client definition I can list
the storage node as a valid save device; all the sections speak of storage
nodes ...

My first time trying to do this. Can someone point me in the right
direction?

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM