Networker

Re: [Networker] savepnpc

2010-11-12 14:11:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] savepnpc
From: Greg Etling <getling AT STERN.NYU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 14:09:22 -0500
Also, I just got word from EMC on a documentation bug regarding the .res
file you generate for a savepnpc.

The gist is that the .res file must end with a CRLF. If the last line of
text is the last line of the file, the preclntsave will fail (for me with
'no commands to run, even though there were commands in fact in the file).
So you might try pressing 'enter' with the cursor at the end of the last
line of the file and trying again. At least that is the way EMC explained it
to me.

Safest way to create these files with correct permissions and formatting is
to make Networker create them itself in using the method the Admin Guide
recommends (pg. 91 of the 7.6.1 admin guide), rather than manually the way
the Windows 2008 DR note recommends. The latter is in the process of being
changed as a result of the aforementioned documentation bug.

Hope this helps anyone having odd issues with savepnpc.

Greg