Networker

Re: [Networker] Question about old media type

2010-09-13 14:37:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Question about old media type
From: Thierry FAIDHERBE <Thierry.Faidherbe AT SKYNET DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 20:36:52 +0200
Hi Michael,

Media type is normally just used with jukebox when looking for a tape.

As SDLT320 device can read DLT IV, manually load the tapes in the
drive and issue your scanner command, it should work. Media type
should be back as SDLT320 as per "scanner-m" as it is mediatype
from the device that created media record in mediadb.

Take care for not mixing these tapes with your SDLT320 ones if any,
write operation to these old mediums will fail (DLT Iv are read-only
in SDLT320 drives)

If it refuses (I doubt), recreate your tape reader using
DLT7000 media type and start your scanner cmds.

HTH

Thierry