Networker

[Networker] How to move the contents of a volume do a different volume?

2010-08-23 10:26:51
Subject: [Networker] How to move the contents of a volume do a different volume?
From: Paul Key <pkey AT SGUL.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:10:00 +0100
NetWorker Management Console version 3.4.Build.187 based on NetWorker version 7.4.Build.187

Media type = file.

I have several volumes created under a pool on a ZFS file system mapped onto devices.

Unfortunately one of these volumes is created on a device which is not in a ZFS pool so it is without quota and filling up the file system.

What I am asking is - is it possible to move the entire contents of one volume to another volume – and so free up the file system in this case – the new volume being a device mounted elsewhere. Also can the data in the volume be moved in such a way as to preserve any save sets which are spread across the volume to be moved? And if so how?

Thanks

Paul