Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgrade Path

2010-07-30 21:28:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrade Path
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 16:50:28 -0500
I was checking my old release notes, and in 7.1.3:

Updating from NetWorker Release 5.x to NetWorker Release 7.1.x
Due to a media database bug in NetWorker release 6.0, update first to
NetWorker release 6.0.1 or later before updating to NetWorker release
7.1.x. This prevents the possibility of erroneous save set records.

Note: You cannot update a NetWorker 5.5.x server directly to NetWorker
release 7.1.x. First update to NetWorker release 6.0.1 or 6.1.x and then
update to release 7.1.x. This is required to ensure a proper conversion
of the online indexes. LEGATO recommends backing up the NetWorker
metadata prior to updating to release 6.x, and again prior
to updating to NetWorker release 7.1.x.

Based on that, what Wallac88 says makes sense, at least in the early
part:

5.x to 6.x, and 6.x to 7.1.x or 7.2.2 (the most stable networker version
ever).

David M. Browning Jr.
IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk