Networker

Re: [Networker] Experience with Solaris 8 client / 7.5.2 server?

2010-04-16 09:15:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Experience with Solaris 8 client / 7.5.2 server?
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 08:12:51 -0500
> stes
>
> There is a bulletin on EMC powerlink that clarifies their
> 'NetWorker Version Compatibility' it is ESG 83215.
>
> It says that NW 7.6 supports clients of 7.3, 7.4 and 7.5
>
> In fact it even states a NW 7.6 server with a 7.3 SP4 storage node is
supported.

> Therefore you could go with a 7.3 SP4 client on Solaris 8, and it
> would be supported.   See ESG83215 for more info - for 'support' info.

I'll have to take a look at that info... We won't be running 7.6, but
(hopefully) 7.5.2. Sun/Oracle is unfortunately nowhere near to releasing
7.6, given they've not yet even released 7.5.2. Such are the woes of using
OEM-ed products (something I would personally not choose to do). 7.6 has
been available from EMC for, what, months now?  :-\

Thanks.