Networker

[Networker] Experience with Solaris 8 client / 7.5.2 server?

2010-04-18 23:12:35
Subject: [Networker] Experience with Solaris 8 client / 7.5.2 server?
From: tkimball <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 23:11:35 -0400
Though Sun-style patches are slow (and sometimes require a service call to find
out where they put the darn things), EBS major releases are available as 'free'
ISO images - usually within a week of EMC's official release.

Sun EBS 7.6 ISO (was available within a week of EMC's release):

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=EBS-7.6-OTH-G-TP@CDS-CDS_SMI

Sun EBS 7.5 SP1 ISO:

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=EBS-7.5SP1-OTH-G-TP@CDS-CDS_SMI

I cannot find a patchid for 7.5.2, but I've had trouble getting our EBS support
added correctly to the online portion of the contract.  You should be able to
call them and open a case to locate and/or supply the patch (this is what I
eventually did for 7.4.4, as they were moving the site around).

My next upgrade path will be in 7.6 tree (moved to 7.4.4 recently) so I'll be
curious how things worked out.  I still have good experiences with Sun's
support on this front, at least moreso then what I've read here about EMC.

--TSK
Tim Kimball