Networker

[Networker] Anyone using bladeservers for networker with a VTL?

2010-02-10 20:46:55
Subject: [Networker] Anyone using bladeservers for networker with a VTL?
From: rmumford <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 20:44:23 -0500
We're considering moving our stand alone servers and storage nodes to
bladecenter, but there's concerns around the limited number of HBAs you can
have on a blade. There's also concerns about sharing them with other blades and
having tape data mixed with disk data on the same HBAs. Anyone doing this now?
If so how does it work, are there any issues etc? Thanks.