Networker

Re: [Networker] New server install incorrectly creates server record

2010-01-16 12:07:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] New server install incorrectly creates server record
From: Aaron Sakowski <dirtrin AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 12:06:55 -0500
I have seen this happen on Unix/Linux systems occasionally.  Check the entry
for 'hosts' in the /etc/nsswitch.conf file.  Verify that it is 'hosts: dns
files".  This will force NetWorker to check DNS before the /etc/hosts file.
Also, verify that the /etc/hosts file is organized "IP  FQDN  ALIAS".  If
the NetWorker server can't communicate with your DNS servers for some
reason, NetWorker will then check /etc/hosts.  If the alias is listed before
the fqdn in /etc/hosts, you will run into this issue again.