Networker

[Networker] nsrstage doesn't reclaim space

2009-10-29 12:35:05
Subject: [Networker] nsrstage doesn't reclaim space
From: ssloh <ssloh AT SINGNET.COM DOT SG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 00:31:21 +0800
Hi Guru,

I am using NW 7.4.2 running on W2K3 SP2 with AFTD devices with following
attributes setting
E:\D2T 9TB
Max Storage Period = 3-day;
Recover Space unit = 1 hour;
File System Check = 2 hours;
High-Water Mark = 60%;
Low-Water Mark = 10%

What I realized nsrstage process doesn't reclaim space for E:\ drive while
still in the processing.

Am I right to say that, the disk space will be reclaimed ONLY after nsrstage
process completed which when it hits the 10% low-water mark. (about 4.5TB
cloned to tapes)

Or can I run C:\nsrstage -C -V volume_name to reclaim same disk space while
nsrstage process still in the running for other ssid ?

Thanks