Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrstage doesn't reclaim space

2009-10-29 13:19:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrstage doesn't reclaim space
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:15:40 -0400
On 10/29/09 12:31 PM, ssloh wrote:

Am I right to say that, the disk space will be reclaimed ONLY after nsrstage
process completed which when it hits the 10% low-water mark. (about 4.5TB
cloned to tapes)

Or can I run C:\nsrstage -C -V volume_name to reclaim same disk space while
nsrstage process still in the running for other ssid ?

nsrstage does two things, it clones the data from the AFTD to the tape, and after that has finished, it deletes the data off the AFTD. Nothing will be gained by attempting to get it to free up space before all the clones are made.