Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker backup hung with message " Contacting Client

2008-12-27 16:03:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker backup hung with message " Contacting Client
From: Jóhannes Karl Karlsson <johannes.karlsson AT SKYRR DOT IS>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 21:00:12 -0000
Something like this:
https://solutions.emc.com/emcsolutionview.asp?id=esg83186

We seen a lot of this. It works to uninstall and reinstall. I wish I could
explain why!

Facts
Networker Server 7.3.x
Networker Client 7.3.x

Symptoms
Scheduled backups fail for the client
Manual backups work
Unable to backup client
Clients servers file is populated correctly with the short and longname of the
Networker server
Stop\Start services does not work
Clearing out the /tmp folder does not work

Error: Probe job had unrecoverable failure(s)
Error: logfile has no output <SEVERE>: Permission denied

Cause
Issue with the Networker binaries

Resolution
Uninstall and reinstall the Networker software to resolve the issue

Jóhannes Karl Karlsson
Rekstrarlausnir
Skýrr

johannes.karlsson AT skyrr DOT is