Networker

[Networker] Backup to Adv-file device

2008-12-28 06:35:15
Subject: [Networker] Backup to Adv-file device
From: Ben Deng <BD AT DBC DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:22:01 +0100
Hi everyone and Happy new year,

I've a frustrating problem with backup to Adv-file devices, I've 5
Adv-file device volumes with approximately 6TB in each. Every night the
backup groups will start and make backup to these volumes, but when a
volumes is full, the backup group will not switch to the next free
volume, it just hang there until I manually free some spaces. It there a
way to configure Adv-file devices to overcome this problem or is it a
Networker design flaw.

Regards,

Ben Deng