Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.5 released

2008-12-23 08:40:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.5 released
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 08:36:24 -0500
> From: "Joe N. Wallace" <joe.n.wallace AT GMAIL DOT COM>
> Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 07:17:42 +0000
> To: <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
> Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.5 released
>
> I was trying to find some product information / release notes for the 7.5
> version, but I find none.
>
> Where are these new features listed?

The release notes for NetWorker 7.5 are on the first screen of the
documentation section of PowerLink.

I will probably hold off for two or three months before installing 7.5 on my
two servers. One reason for this delay is the memory requirement. I am also
a little bit disappointed that more hasn't been done to optimize nsrjobd
(its a memory hog), and the release notes don't give any information on how
to configure a NetWorker server in such a way as to minimize nsrjobd's
memory utilization.