Networker

[Networker] Same save sets failing w/ "cannot connect to the mover" erro

2008-10-19 18:03:08
Subject: [Networker] Same save sets failing w/ "cannot connect to the mover" erro
From: jfish <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 13:06:41 -0400
Doing NDMP backups w/ Networker 7.4.

vol1 is 3.1 T used / 4.5 total, 48,900 files,

vol2 3.4 T used / 4.5 T total w/ 3,950,000 files,

vol 3 2.3 T used / 2.9 total w/ 1,440,000 files,

vol4 is 2.9T used / 5.8 T total w/ 726,000.

vol1 is consistently failing the same save sets.

When I narrow down the backups to the "suspect" directories, the only pattern I
find is that the area jumps from the average file/terabyte for the volume to
four times that.  Of course, my lack of experience leaves great potential for
not knowing what patterns to look for.

As you can see, my other volumes have much higher file/terabyte ratios, so this
pattern I see may be meaningless.  Maybe it's the sudden change in ratio on the
same volume.  I've heard that quantity of files can be a problem, but I've been
told it's been fixed in recent releases.