Networker

[Networker] Same save sets failing w/ "cannot connect to the mover&

2008-10-20 12:09:17
Subject: [Networker] Same save sets failing w/ "cannot connect to the mover&
From: jfish <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:04:14 -0400
Fazil,

Thanks - here's what I have: (by the way, this morning's outcome shows
different savesets failing, which ruins my consistency theory)

Solaris 9 release 9/05, kernel 122300-19

NDMP array:
not defined

NDMP setup
netapp is a client and a storage node, w/ 2 LTO4 direct fiber attached

NDMP options
HIST=y
DIRECT=y
UPDATE=y
EXTRACT_ACL=y

NDMP version
4

vols 1 2 3 and 4 comprise one filer

need help on turning on debugging

Legato logs:
seems to abort after any amount of data is dumped; sometimes a lot, sometimes a
little.

Saveset fails w/:

savegrp: suppressed 2 lines of verbose output
42738:nsrndmp_save: Data server halted: Failed to connect to the mover.
42617:nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Log: Connection or IO Error.

42751:nsrndmp_save: Tape server halted: Error during the backup.
42617:nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Log: MoveletOutput: Internal Error.

42913:nsrndmp_save: Save session closed with NW server successfully

nsrndmp_2fh aborted.
<ERROR>: Failed with error(s)