Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.4 self reporting

2008-06-17 13:16:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.4 self reporting
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:06:49 -0500
Hello,
May i suggest a area or link to which commonly used solutions to be posted
and updated for list reference, since searching may not be most efficient
, i,e if some one is expert on Solaris and Device managment\SAN, they
could keep a updated document on Device management, common SAN\Driver
details and any advise, in this case they would be considered owners of
this doc ( it could be group of people).
If for example i want to suggest a  update to such a doc, then i will need
to submit it to the owners and the owners need to determine if such change
is needed. ( Other list users would download read only copy of such
documents)
Just a suggestion to improve list functionality.
Catagogies might be
Networker 7.4.2 Logs
Networker nsradmin use
Networker Staging and cloning
etc
Thanks

Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
06/17/2008 11:51 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject

MIchael Leone wrote:
> Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PeeVRo.co DOT uk> wrote on 06/17/2008
11:41:34
> AM:
>
>> MIchael Leone wrote:
>>> EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
>>> 06/17/2008 10:10:01 AM:

> few
> you
>>> Oh? How do you do that? And how would that apply to Windows version?
>> Search the archives.
>
> My, you're very helpful today.

It was already stated that this was "mentioned on this list a few
times". Would you prefer it if someone else were to go and look in the
archives and re-post if for your benefit?

It was possibly me who first posted this tip. I also post regularly
about the common misunderstanding about what AMM does, and how retention
periods/point-in-time recoveries work. I do try to help the people on
this list but get a little tired of repeating myself.

type