Networker

Re: [Networker] Backing up exchange 2007 running on windows server 2008?

2008-05-14 10:28:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backing up exchange 2007 running on windows server 2008?
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 16:25:45 +0200
On 2008-05-14 05:20, Scott Bingham revealed:

SB> Windows 2008 was not yet out when NMEx 5.1 was released, so it is not
SB> listed as supported, but it is being qualified, and it works -- mostly.
SB> If you wish to do brick-level mailbox backups, you will need a new MAPI
SB> support library from Microsoft, that they have not yet released.  Their
SB> current MAPI library does not work with Windows 2008.

Alright. We were not trying to make brick level backups. In the end, it
turned out that a coworker of mine hadn't updated the hosts-file according
to the instruction, even though he did say that it was, which in turn made
me investigate other things instead. I can confirm that it works well now.

But its always good to hear that it actually is supposed to work though.
:) Thanks for letting me know.

//Oscar