Networker

[Networker] Advice needed on directive

2008-05-12 10:42:51
Subject: [Networker] Advice needed on directive
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 10:37:47 -0400
I have a question ... I have a number of MS SQL servers that I backup
using the NW Module for SQL 5.1, nightly. I also backup the rest of the
filesystem (i.e., non databases) weekly. And of course, I always get "File
Open" messages when backing up the databases and lock files. I need
therefore to make a directive to skip those. BUt how to make one that only
skips those files if doing a filesystem backup, and to ignore the
directive if I'm using the NW Module to get a hotbackup?

I remebering reading that I should always try to apply Global Directives,
to avoid having a locally defined directive file on a client, that I may
forget is there.

So I could use some advice on how to construct and then apply the
directive to skip *.MDF and  *.LDF files during filesystem backup jobs. (I
have separate clients and groups for backups using the NW SQL Module). So
I have 2 client definitions for DEV001, for example - one with the savset
of MSSQL and and with a saveset of ALL, and 2 separate groups, one with
each of the client definitions.

Thanks

--
Michael Leone