Networker

Re: [Networker] Fw: Recover can't find volume after "scanner -m"?

2008-05-01 03:17:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Fw: Recover can't find volume after "scanner -m"?
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 17:13:48 +1000
 I think the problem here is that it's not got into the library's
inventory, depends on how you got that tape into the drive in the first
place... Perhaps the device you are using for scanner is owned by pools
other than the one the tape should be in...

After the scanner command try one of these two things:

1.  mount the tape manually...      nsrmm -m -f <device>

2.  inventory the slot the volume was loaded from....      Nsrjb -I -S
<slotnum>

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright
material of Macquarie Group Limited or third parties. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store
or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all
copies of them. Macquarie Group Limited does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's
own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Group Limited.