Networker

Re: [Networker] Setting multiple modes using nsrmm?

2008-04-09 14:31:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Setting multiple modes using nsrmm?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 18:22:01 +0000
On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 02:08:31PM -0400, MIchael Leone wrote:
> I have a list of volumes that I want to set to be "readonly" and "manual".
> I can't seem to find a way to set both with a single command. i.e.,
>
> nsrmm -o readonly,manual 915733
> 6238:nsrmm: `readonly,manual' is not a valid flag

Yup.

> It's not that big a deal to run the command twice (especially as I'm doing
> it from a script, in a loop), but it seems odd that I can't set both
> attributes at once. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Your expectations are too high.  :-)  As far as I know, one thing at a
time with nsrmm.

> (these volumes are my month-end tapes, so I don't want them to expire on
> the policy, nor do I want to add anything more to these volumes)

Technically, they will still "expire" (and the file indexes will be
purged), but you can still track the savesets.

I would prefer to change the retention period on the saveset to make it
explicit that I want to retain the data longer.  It also makes it easier
to do reports on "number of expired media" that make sense.  You don't
have to worry about removing manually-recyclable tapes as an exception.

Good luck!