Networker

Re: [Networker] Recommendations for new tape library?

2008-01-09 18:36:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recommendations for new tape library?
From: David Magda <dmagda AT EE.RYERSON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 18:33:33 -0500
On Jan 9, 2008, at 17:46, David Koch wrote:

We are looking to upgrade from our V890 which simply doesn't have enough I/O throughput to get LTO-3 drives beyond about 60MBps.

We're considering the Sun UltraSPARC T2 based T5220, as this has reasonable I/O capacity (~ 5 GBps ) and enough PCIe slots to add the required I/O devices (e.g. two dual-channel 4Gbps, and 10GbE NICs).

Are you doing D2D2T or streaming from your clients, through the V890, directly to the tapes? If you're doing D2D first, what kind of storage are you using?

Thanks for any info.