Networker

[Networker] 7.4 nwrecover unable to execute with hard links to binary

2007-12-19 12:05:44
Subject: [Networker] 7.4 nwrecover unable to execute with hard links to binary
From: Chad Jackson <chadtj AT LDC.UPENN DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:50:52 -0500
Hi all,

This is a post reporting similar problems to that of
https://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0708&L=NETWORKER&amp;P=R24820&I=-
3&X=3D5EC0754BFA087E12&

Its not an emergency because I can use nsrndmp_recover through the command
line but in this case its not wanting to let me recover individual files
from a (supposedly) broswable indexed list. It will however start to
recover the full volume fine.

I wanted to verify that this last backed workes and its index can be
browsed since the networker 7.4 application lists this index with its
saveset id and with the correct file count but when attempting to recover
individual files with nsrndmp_recover, it reports:

[root@machine ~]# nsrndmp_recover -c ClientX -S 2976118364 -m /scratch
`cat /tmp/file.recovers`
Entry 'Filex' not found in NW index database
42880:nsrndmp_recover: Error during NDMP recover

So with that being said and explaining my reasonings for wanting to use
nwrecover after a 7.4 upgrade, I would like to know if anyone has a fix on
the problem with nwrecover where running it reports:

125:nwrecover: unable to execute with hard links to
binary /usr/bin/nwrecover

This app ran fine before the 7.4 upgrade.
The file system is mounted as everything as / with no special partitions.

Thanks in advance for any help/comments.

--Chad