Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.[3|4] savegroup hangs [was: Re: [Networker] 7.4.1 on solaris with zfs]

2007-12-14 12:05:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.[3|4] savegroup hangs [was: Re: [Networker] 7.4.1 on solaris with zfs]
From: "Hawkins, Michael" <Mike.Hawkins AT TDSECURITIES DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:53:30 -0600
I had the same issue and this fixed it.

>From Powerlink
Symptoms

savegroup hangs while waiting to backup indexes.

savegroup hangs will waiting to save bootstrap.

Filesystem savesets in group have completed.

Cause

Prior to NetWorker 7.3.2, index savesets although a saveset of the NetWorker
server did not count against the client parallelism value set for the client
instance of the NetWorker server.  This was corrected via LGTpa87263.  As a
result, if the client parallelism is set to 4 for the NetWorker server's client
instance, index backups will wait until the number of active savestreams for
the NetWorker server exceeds 4.

Resolution

To resolve this issue, the client parallelism for the NetWorker server should
be increased accordingly.