Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.4.1 on solaris with zfs

2007-12-11 18:19:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.4.1 on solaris with zfs
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:11:19 -0500
On Dec 11, 2007, at 5:54 PM, Peter Viertel wrote:

I've been mucking around with 7.4.1 this week now that it's turned up
silently in EMC's usual style...

One thing I've noticed immediately is that the All savesets option on
Solaris 10 clients now enumerates zfs filesystems even if they are not
in vfstab - although the NMC doco still says it won't backup zfs unless
they are listed in vfstab.

What they've done to make it work is a bit broken as it's also showing
up zfs filesystems in zones in the probe (usually these are hidden from df output in the global context). However the resulting backup size for
these filesystems is 0KB because they really are not mounted globally.

It still doesnt ignore /system/object and /system/contract either.

i had a look at savefs with truss and the probe all function is parsing
the data from /etc/mnttab  to get the list of filesystems  which means
they have all the information needed, they just haven't coded it well.

so 1 step forward, 2 steps back...    as usual.

Peter;

Where did you get 7.4.1? I just checked PowerLink and the most recent version there is 7.4. I am interested to read the release notes, but they don't seem to be available via PowerLink either, unless I overlooked that file.