Networker

Re: [Networker] How to trigger staging on an advanced file type device

2007-11-12 12:36:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to trigger staging on an advanced file type device
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:28:42 -0500
On Nov 12, 2007, at 12:24 PM, Curtis Preston wrote:

Stan said:

This approach obviously doesn't work because of the
inability of NetWworker 7.4 to begin reading the device while it is
receiving backup data.

But isn't that one of the key reasons FOR choosing an AFTD?  It's
supposed to support simultaneous backups and clones/staging. What's the
problem with 7.4?

That feature appears to be broken, at least on a Solaris 10 storage node. If I try to do a recover from the AFTD and its writing, the recover just sits there. Inn the case of the automated process to stage to tape, it too just doesn't start until all the writing to the AFTD stops. I submitted a case to EMC about this last week and I haven't heard a word from them about it yet.