Networker

Re: [Networker] Jukebox not ready

2007-11-07 16:14:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Jukebox not ready
From: Denis <denis.mail.list AT FREE DOT FR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 22:03:36 +0100
Selon Jon Fraley <jfraley AT GLENRAVEN DOT COM>:

> We just upgraded from 7.2.2 to 7.3.3 on redhat.  Now our Jukebox is
> reporting not ready.  We upgraded alphastor from 3.0.4 to 3.1.1
> yesterday and everything ran fine until we upgraded to 7.3.3 this
> morning.  When I try to load a tape into a drive I get "Can't find
> Jukebox".  If I try to delete the Jukebox or change anything on it I get
> "Jukebox is currently busy."  In the properties tab for the Jukebox, the
> ready checkbox is not checked.  Has anyone seen this?
>
> Jon

Hello,

with NW 7.3.x, processes to drive jukeboxes are slow (nsrlcpd) during NW start.
For me, I must wait for 10/15 minutes with a scalar 10k and 8 sdlt/320.

Is your JB never ready ?  Try nsrjb -j jb_name -C, in the first lines you can
see if it is ready to accept commands. What can you see in daemon.log ?
(creating jb, jb ready...)

Denis