Networker

[Networker] Storage node with direct attached NDMP

2007-11-02 13:59:44
Subject: [Networker] Storage node with direct attached NDMP
From: "Yamnicky, Mark S" <mark.s.yamnicky AT BOEING DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 10:41:01 -0700
Greetings,

Would like to get some opinions regarding the following configuration.
Is it possible to use a storage node for direct attached NDMP backups?

I have two buildings with a number of NAS devices in each.
I am building a 7.2.2 Solaris 10 Networker server with an attached juke
in one building and am planning for a storage node with a similar juke
in the second building.
Can I direct attach my NAS devices to the storage node and expect
Networker to do the right thing?

Mark Yamnicky
Infrastructure Versatilist
Boeing Satellite Development Center
Most motorcycle accidents are caused by the nut that connects the
handlebars to the seat.