Networker

[Networker] Legato Networker with SAM/QFS

2007-10-25 12:54:34
Subject: [Networker] Legato Networker with SAM/QFS
From: Matt Powell <mtpowel AT CLEMSON DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:40:31 -0400
I would like to know if anyone on this list has any dealings with Legato and
SAM/QFS file system. We currently have a Legato system in place now that has
two Storage Tek L700 jukeboxes and a bunch of SAN space to back the data up
to disk and then write to tape. We are planning a new backup system and are
thinking of using Legato Enterprise Backup to write to a large SAM/QFS file
system. From my understanding SAM/QFS will make a copy of the file to tape
shortly after it is written to disk. SAM/QFS metadata server will take care
of all the archiving with the rules that we set up as far as how long we
retain the data before it gets removed from disk. I was wondering if anyone
on this list has had any experience with using the two together. Can we
share the Jukeboxes between Networker and the SAM/QFS? Has anyone compared
the performance of Networker writing to QFS with Networker writing to UFS?
Would appreciate any advice or feedback. Thanks.