Networker

[Networker] Recover Win2003 SYSTEM* problems

2007-08-24 12:49:53
Subject: [Networker] Recover Win2003 SYSTEM* problems
From: Teresa Biehler <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 12:45:20 -0400
Hi all,

One of our admins is trying to rebuild a box.  He can restore C:\
without problems, but when trying to recover any of the SYSTEM save
sets, we get these errors:

Preparing for SYSTEM FILES recover, please wait...

Unable to recover the SYSTEM FILES:\ save set

Preparing for SYSTEM DB recover, please wait...

Unable to recover the SYSTEM DB:\ save set

Preparing for SYSTEM STATE recover, please wait...

Unable to recover the SYSTEM STATE:\ save set

We've tried recovering from two separate backups and get the same errors
with both.  In both cases the backup ran without errors.

Has anyone seen anything like this?  Any idea what's going on?  How do
we get around this?

More information:  The original system was a standalone box.  Since it's
demise, we're trying to stand up a box in our VMware environment.  The
VM instance of the system is named the same and has the same IP address.

Thanks.

Teresa