Networker

[Networker] SnapImage Backup on Windows 2000 Server

2007-08-24 15:48:22
Subject: [Networker] SnapImage Backup on Windows 2000 Server
From: Lisa Green <lisa.green AT CLARK.WA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 15:43:34 -0400
I have a Windows 2003 SP2 Networker Server Version 7.2.1 that I have setup
with a SCSI autochanger (SAN Attached) that has one tape drive setup on the
server that I want to do the SnapImage backup - configured as a NDMP
device.  The client on the Networker server has the appropriate username
and password, etc.  The server that I want to do the SnapImage backup has
both the NDMP Tape Server and the SnapImage software (both 2.0.2)
installed.  License Manager has the SnapImage temp code installed and the
Legato server has the temp NDMP license enabled.  When I try to mount a
tape in the NDMP device assigned to the client (ie. rd=ntxx:\\.\Tape11) I
get the following error:
failed to open ndmp tape device, connection has not been authorized