Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP backup help

2007-07-05 09:09:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP backup help
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 16:07:09 +0300
Coty, Edward wrote:
Is there a way to write a directive or skip certain volumes with NDMP
backups?

We are backing up a NetApp 940 and 3050 with OnTAP 7.0.5 and the only thing you can do is add to the Application Information field in the client's configuration in Networker the EXCLUDE variable, which will tell the filer's dump command to ignore all files with that regular expression. I couldn't find a way to specify a directory or volume. This limitation comes from OnTAP's dump command and has nothing to do with Networker.

EDWARD COTY
LEAD STORAGE ENGINEER, LCNA
WORK - 973-533-2098
CELL - 973-296-0918