Networker

[Networker] Advance File volume header

2007-07-05 13:01:50
Subject: [Networker] Advance File volume header
From: Librado Pamintuan <LPamintuan AT REGINA DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 10:56:39 -0600
Hello,
Not sure what happened, the savesets in my adv_file device are busy staging to
tapes, then suddenly it stopped. I checked nwadmin GUI and found out that the
adv_file device was unmounted, when I tried to mount it, it complained about
missing volume header. I checked the file system and indeed the volume header
disappeared.
How can I get this back? I still have lots of savesets in this device which are
not staged yet to tapes, that why I cannot just re-label it.

Environment:
Red Hat ES 4 / Networker v7.2.2

thanks in advance,

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only for the addressee and
may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material. Any
unauthorized review, distribution or other use of or the taking of any action
in reliance upon this information is prohibited. If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and delete or destroy this message and any copies.