Networker

Re: [Networker] Cannot unmount tape automatically after finishing backup

2007-05-30 22:15:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cannot unmount tape automatically after finishing backup
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 12:12:53 +1000
Hi,

> I want to ask about this issue
> My networker server is networker server 7.2.1 on win 2k3 environment
> Although i set the "idle device time" is 5min  already

Idle device timeout for versions of NetWorker 7.2.x and under only worked in
a dynamic drive sharing environment.

As of NetWorker 7.3.x however, if idle device timeout is set, regardless of
whether there is a dynamic drive share environment or not, the devices are
unmounted in jukeboxes when the timeout is breached.

(I.e., if you want this, you'll need to upgrade --- e.g., to NetWorker 7.3.2
Jumbo 11 Update 1).

Cheers,

Preston.

--