Networker

Re: [Networker] report on unsuccessful save sets

2007-03-03 09:29:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] report on unsuccessful save sets
From: Mathew Harvest <Mathew.HARVEST AT SIS.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 00:16:55 +1000
Hey Marvin,

Probably should confirm what version of Networker and what platform you
are on.

We use Networker 7.2 and are blessed with it sitting on a windows 2k3
server (partly the reason I am up at midnight, on a Saturday night
watching the backups)

Anyway if you are using the NMC then you can use the gstclreport script
(I am using commands from Microsoft's Services For UNIX (SFU) so I can
do a little more with my batch files.

The gstclreport script resides under the \Management\GST\bin directory
where you have the NMC installed, there is also a help HTML file that is
vaguely useful that should be there also

What this script does is looks at the groups TransLog1 thru 4 save sets
that have run in the past 60 minutes that have a status of failed,
incomplete or unexpectedly exited, then removed the rubbish from the
output file, re arranges the columns and mails the file.

Hope this helps

Mat.

@echo off

echo.>x.csv

call gstclreport  -u administrator -P administrator -r "Networker Backup
Status/Save Set Details by Client" -x csv -f x -C "Group Start Time" "60
minutes ago,now" -C "Group Name"
"TransLog1,TransLog2,TransLog3,TransLog4" -C "Status"
"failed,incomplete,unexpectedly exited" >nul

grep -E "\failed|\interrupted|\unexpectedly exited"  x.csv | grep -v
"Status" >x2.csv

gawk -F, "{print $4,\" , \",$1,\" , \",$2,\" , \",$7}" x2.csv | sort /r
>x3.csv

gawk "END {printf NR;}" x2.csv >x4.csv

for /F  "usebackq" %%a in (`type x4.csv`) do set count=%%a

rem echo %count%

if NOT "%count%" == "0" (

   blat x3.csv -to [email protected] -s
hourly_failed_Transaction_Log_Report