Networker

Re: [Networker] Incremental Exchange backups failing

2007-03-02 12:20:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Incremental Exchange backups failing
From: "Brian O'Neill" <oneill AT OINC DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 12:15:54 -0500
I have not seen any response to this other than a couple of "me too" messages.

Does anyone have any advice? Sometimes it seems fine, but we still periodically see the backup fail.

Brian O'Neill wrote:
I've tried researching this issue, but none of the answers that I've found seem to apply.

We have a new Exchange 2003 Server that we migrated our users to (we did not import old mailboxes, only users). There is only one storage group (First Storage Group).

When performing incremental backups, they frequently fail with:

HrESEBackupGetLogAndPatchFiles: Some log or patch files are missing.
Exchange ESE HResult: -939523534 (0xc8000232); last error: 0 (0x00000000)
The backup of First Storage Group failed; status is 0xc8000232.

Now, I've read that there were two common causes:

1) Circular logging - we do not have this enabled for the storage group, so that shouldn't be the problem. 2) A virus scanner is corrupting the log - but we don't have a virus scanner enabled at this time.

As predicted, full backups from Networker work fine. Also, if we do a full backup using Exchange's backup utility, a Networker incremental will succeed shortly afterwards.

I MAY get an scheduled incremental that worked the day after the scheduled full, but they definitely fail long before the next scheduled full (weekly).

Is anyone aware of other causes I should look in to?

Networker Server is 7.2.1. Client is 7.2.2. Not sure of the Exchange module version, but it was downloaded within the past 2 months.

-Brian

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or