Networker

Re: [Networker] using 'relem' to get a list of inserted tapes

2007-01-23 08:42:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] using 'relem' to get a list of inserted tapes
From: Gaddy <xy.0815 AT GMX DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 08:21:54 -0500
On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:04:41 -0500, Fazil Saiyed
<fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM> wrote:

>1. I am able to generate list of tapes used in last 24 hrs.

You are using "MMINFO" to generate the list, aren't you?

What about using !inuse for volumes to sort out volumes
currently in use?
< BTW, using nsradmin or nsrck or ... you can easily find
  volumes, which are currently mounted as well. >

Then change the volume status to, let's say "full, read-only"
using 'nsrmm -o' immediately, just to prevent NetWorker from
mounting these volumes for writing again.
This has to be done VERY CLOSE to the mminfo query.

But after setting the appropriate volume status, you've got
all the time to export the volumes savely.
Pls. note that things can still go wrong if someone uses a
volume from your list for restores.
So keep the delay between mminfo and export as small as possible.

--
Steffen Gattert, COMAPREX Hannover, Germany