Networker

[Networker] Licensing issue

2007-01-11 08:16:44
Subject: [Networker] Licensing issue
From: Roy Kidder <RoyKidder AT yahoo DOT com>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 07:54:10 -0500
I've got an unusual situation with a networker install. This morning,
while looking through the emailed logs from my backup server, I found the
license enabler complaining that my license (for each module) would expire
in 13 days. I found this particularly odd due to the fact I thought my
licenses had no expiration date.

I figured this was in some way related to my having rebooted the server a
couple of days ago and in looking back further in the logs, I found:

"NetWorker server: (notice) started
NetWorker registration: (notice) invalid auth codes detected.

The auth codes for the following licenses enablers are now invalid.
The cause may be that you moved the NetWorker server to a new computer.
You must re-register these enablers within 15 days to obtain new codes."

Despite what the log states, I didn't move the server to a new computer.
In fact, nothing changed with the hardware whatsoever. All I did was
reboot.

Upon further inspection I discovered that my host id (which must play into
the calculation of the auth code) had changed.

Has anyone else seen this before? Anyone know how to restore the host id
to what it was before?

Thanks in advance,
Roy