Networker

Re: [Networker] Licensing issue

2007-01-11 15:20:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] Licensing issue
From: Roy Kidder <RoyKidder AT yahoo DOT com>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:12:28 -0500
Rohrich, James wrote:
> By any chance, has the way NetWorker recognizes the server in terms of
> short name versus fqn, fully qualified name, changed? I have seen
> Networker recognize the server differently depending upon which name it
> uses.

That was it. I checked the A record and PTR record for the host and that
hadn't changed, so I was confused for a while. Then I noticed the time
stamp on the file /etc/sysconfig/network was marked August 2005.
Apparently I changed the HOSTNAME= line to reflect a new domain name the
network has migrated to and the box hadn't been rebooted since then to use
it.

Thanks,
Roy