Networker

Re: [Networker] Resetting tape exiration date

2007-01-04 13:42:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Resetting tape exiration date
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 13:41:36 -0500
On Jan 4, 2007, at 1:04 PM, Paul Goslin wrote:

Is there an easy way to reset the expiration date of a Tape Volume (or
rather a list of tapes) ???
I have a number of tapes (all in a common pool) which I must reset the
expiration dates to 'forever'....

The only method I am finding is via an 'nsrmm -S ssid -e retention'
command... I would hate to have to do this one save-set at a time, the
number of tapes I have to process contain thousands of save-sets....

There must be a better way than to do it by individual save-sets. Is there a
single command to reset the volume retention for a tape ?

You can set the tape to manual recycling using the -o parameter of nsrmm. See the nsrmm man page for details. You can probably also dump a list of SSID numbers for a tape to a file, then use nsrmm in a script to read that file and reset the expiration date for each SSID in that file.