Networker

Re: [Networker] MBX mail folders

2006-12-16 14:30:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] MBX mail folders
From: Dag Nygren <dag AT NEWTECH DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:26:30 +0200
> Has anyone looked into backing up "MBX mail folders" (i.e.
> those delivered by Washington U IMAP's "dmail" local mail
> delivery agent) with mailasm?
>
> The man page (on uasm) says mailasm "uses mail style file
> locking" and "preserve[s] new mail has arrived flag on most
> mail handlers" but of course it's not obvious if that applies
> to MBX mail folder files.

AFAIK this only means that it preserves the accesstime of the file
as the traditional UNIX mailbox "new mail arrived" flag =
changetime newer than accesstime.

MBX keeps the change status in a different format and I don't
think this is in any way regarding Networker as "reading your mail"
during a backup.

But do a small test???

Best
Dag