Networker

[Networker] 7.3.2 parallelism/target sessions not functioning correctly - is this a known issue?

2006-12-18 08:00:29
Subject: [Networker] 7.3.2 parallelism/target sessions not functioning correctly - is this a known issue?
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 12:53:12 +0000
I have a win2003 7.3.2 server that I am convinced I have setup correctly in
terms of parallelism settings and target sessions. The number of data streams I
am seeing is not coresponding to the settings. The number of data streams I am
seeing is not consistent - it can range from 3 to 6 spread unevenly or evenly
across my two tape devices.

  Some times it appears that there is a delay in starting the clients backup
streams. For example, there could be 5 streams backing up and 6 more clients
waiting to backup with the 'contacting client' message in the group details but
as the data streams complete the next stream does not start. Then when all the
streams complete the next set of streams starts to backup about 4 minutes
later.

  Is this an issue that anyone else is having or aware of in a 7.3.2 win2003
environment.

  My configuration details are:
  Server Parallelism: 14
  Tape device 0 target sessions: 6
  Tape device 1 target sessions: 6
  Library Parallelism: 2 (i have two tape devices)
  Client Paralleilism: 4 (10 clients)

  //Mark