Networker

Re: [Networker] moving 6.1 installation to a different server

2006-10-12 17:51:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] moving 6.1 installation to a different server
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:45:09 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] moving 6.1 installation to a different...:

Why would anyone attach their "critical storage" or
"critical data" to a product that is no longer supported?

I mean if it BREAKS and you absolutely MUST have the data, what
are you going to do? Use Master Prayer to get your data back?

I know this is not YOUR data Tim, but when you ask the question
like that I have visions of a baby in a baby seat on the back
Of a rickety bicycle going down a steep hill. <No Grin> /ALE

If I understand you, and I'm not completely certain that I do, then
I agree with you.  I responded to your message to make it clear that
because the person that originally posted is still at 6.1.x, it's not
going to be as easy and painless as you made it sound in your message.

I do, however, agree that getting support and getting to a supported
version of the product is the way to go.  Once that task has been
accomplished, the technical bits that remain are straightforward.  ;-)

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                           Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                      (701) 231-1076 (Voice)

"signoff networker" in the