Networker

Re: [Networker] client is not getting index entries written...

2006-07-24 20:12:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] client is not getting index entries written...
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:06:54 -0700
> If I run a manual "save" from the client, and I specify the client's
> name with the "-c" option, the data winds up in the index (and it seems
> to even back-populate the other filesystems as well, if that's even
> possible). However, the default save command run from savegrp, which
> doesn't use the "-c", results in no index data being stored.

(although you can override that from the 'backup command' attribute)

> Why isn't "save" getting the proper name? "hostname" returns the short
> name of the host. I've tried adding the client with both short and long
> name, and it doesn't seem to matter.

Can you run:

savegrp -p -c <client> -g <group>

After all the savesets, I expect it to display an index save with some
hostname.  Is that hostname identical or does it appear different.  If
its different, it might supply a clue as to what is happening...