Networker

Re: [Networker] adv_file and veritas volume manager / file system

2006-06-01 10:15:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] adv_file and veritas volume manager / file system
From: Nancy Magers <nmagers AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 10:15:03 -0400
Thanks for all your responses - a little more on my environment.

I am running Solaris 9

5.9 Generic_118558-26 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 Solaris

How can I tell what release number I am on?

Also I am connecting to a Clariion CX700, and using powerpath for path
management.  I don't see SVM being supported with PowerPath (please tell
me if I am wrong here).

I have 4 LTO-G2 Tape drives that I have configured 2 drives for staging
and 2 for cloning.  If I created the single volume 4.8TB volume and then
had two subdirectories under that could I utilize the two tape drives for
staging?

It would look something like this.

/dev/vx/dsk/DBODG/adv_file            <- Volume

/adv_file           <- Mount Point
/adv_file/d01/      <- Sub Disk 1
/adv_file/d02/      <- Sub Disk 2

This way they will share the disk pool and still be able to stage
simultaneously - yes?

I have a Veritas license that I transfered over to this machine so it
isn't costing me anything more to put veritas on here.  I don't want to be
the first to jump on ZFS - though I am absolutely watching this.