Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker with AlphaStor

2006-05-26 03:32:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker with AlphaStor
From: "Wood, R A (Bob)" <WoodR AT CHEVRON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 08:30:42 +0100
Lou, we AlphaStor users seem to be a bit thin on the ground so it's good
to hear from someone that is using it.

Download the installation guide ands check for versions (I know you're
OK with 7.2.1). There is a gotcha with the Unix package installation. ST
drivers are no longer used in 3.1, in fact, they are unloaded and not
reloaded. You are expected to use the LUs drivers (but the documentation
doesn't mention that).

Make sure you have a reliable backout plan and a good recent backup...

Regards
Bob