Networker

Re: [Networker] client indexes

2006-04-05 14:02:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] client indexes
From: Davina Treiber <DavinaTreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 19:00:20 +0100
Darren Dunham wrote:
I have used nsrck and will be using scanner to load in some client indexes
for a restore of some older files.

I'm concerned about disk space.  When I'm finished, what process puts the
indexes back to what the current browse/retention policies are?

I'm not sure if this has changed, but I belive that you have to manually
clean them up.  The nsrim man page looks like this in version 6.

[...]
     When the -v option is used,  the  following  information  is
     also  printed  for  each save set: the save set id, creation
     date, level, file count, size, and  status.   A  save  set's
     status is one of the following:
[...]
     The save set status may be followed by any of the  following
     modifiers:
     [...]
     (scanned in)
          The save set was restored using  the  scanner  command,
          and is exempt from any status change.

I think the man page for 6.x must be out of date here. The "scanned in" state only applies to save sets backed up with NetWorker 5.x and earlier.

"signoff networker" in the