Networker

[Networker] First NW 7.3 oddity?

2006-01-09 11:30:41
Subject: [Networker] First NW 7.3 oddity?
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:24:52 +0100
When I run a nsrjb -i to inventory my library, where all tapes are marked as <unlabeled>, it now loads every tape into a drive in order to check the label! Previously, nsrjb -i assumed that if an unchecked tape cartridge bar code did match a known volume name, the loading of the volume was skipped, and the list automatically updated. This seems to have changed through, which makes reinventoring large libraries miserably slow..

Can anyone confirm this behaviour and/or provide a work-around, so unnecessary loading of tapes can be avoided?

//Oscar

"signoff networker" in the