Networker

Re: [Networker] RE  : [Networker] Restore Taking Long Time

2005-12-07 20:21:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] RE  : [Networker] Restore Taking Long Time
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 16:20:47 -0800
> What version of Networker are you running?  When we were running 6.0.2,
> it was pretty common to get an incomplete volume list for the restore.

7.1.1 in this case.  Solaris servers.

> (I think it had something to do with not listing secondary volumes on
> savesets that spanned more than one volume.)  I usually found it an
> effective side exercise to figure out which savesets were going to be
> needed for the restore (via the nwadmin Indexes display,) and use mminfo
> to see all of the volumes needed (and load them in the jukebox.)

We pre-selected the tapes via mminfo, so I had all of the most recent
ones.  The only thing I can think of was that there was some "old" file
in the restore.

While 'vol' didn't show them, we checked after the server asked for the
volume.  They were one or two fulls back from the date we were
browsing...